Copenhagen, Denmark

7.21.2015

Copenhagen_Denmark_0027Copenhagen_Denmark_0040

Copenhagen_Denmark_0118

Copenhagen_Denmark_0043

Copenhagen_Denmark_0034Copenhagen_Denmark_0132

Copenhagen_Denmark_0061

Host_0043Host_0001

Copenhagen_Denmark_0120

Copenhagen_Denmark_0126Copenhagen_Denmark_0219

Copenhagen_Denmark_0239

Copenhagen_Denmark_0166Copenhagen_Denmark_0229

Copenhagen_Denmark_0003

Copenhagen_Denmark_0253Copenhagen_Denmark_0075

Copenhagen_Denmark_0159

Copenhagen_Denmark_0030


Hi friends, 5 weeks in Europe and I'm back home in steamy hot New York City. I am going to jump around a bit in sharing tid bits from my favorite places I visited during my travels. I spent five days in Copenhagen, I knew I was going to love this city long before I even stepped foot into it. The Danish design scene is on point and Scandi style as a whole is majorly inspiring. Its a beautiful, clean city that is easy to get around. The Danes are friendly and everyone speaks English. I rented a bike for the duration I was there. It's a great way to see the city and fun to experience and be a part of the huge biking culture there. I always try to live like a local when I travel. Public trans is also great, fast and efficient. I ate some delicious meals and met some amazing people. Here is a list of some of my favs for CPH.

EAT

Höst | Nørre Farimagsgade 41, 1364 København K, Denmark
New Nordic Cuisine, well designed space. Great service.

Noma | Strandgade 93, 1401 København K, Denmark
Well, duh.

Torvehallerne | Frederiksborggade 21, 1360 København K, Denmark
Large food halls, outdoor seating, marketplace. MUST TRY Hija de Sanchez! Best Mexican food (sounds crazy but so good)

Copenhagen Street Food | PapirØen, Trangravsvej 14, 7/8, 1436 København K, Denmark
Another great large food hall.

Stedsans at ØsterGRO | Æbeløgade 4 - 2100 København Ø - taget
Rooftop farm with greenhouse restaurant, beautiful, clean food, farm to table at its purest.

Atelier September | Gothersgade 30, 1123 København K, Denmark
Great for a Smørrebrød (Avocado on rye bread pictured above) with soft boiled eggs. Service is not great but space is beautiful and lovely for breakfast or lunch.

Bæst | Guldbergsgade 29, 2200 København N, Denmark
Didn't get to make it here but I hear the pizza is on point (You can only eat so much!)

SHOP

Finderi | Møntergade 14, Copenhagen, Denmark
Newish adorable shop filled with beautiful ceramics

HAY House | Pilestræde 29, 1112 København K, Denmark
Hay is the bomb, pure scandi design located on two floors.

Gubi | Møntergade 19, 1140 Copenhagen, Denmark
Gubi, again beautiful furniture and design store.

Studio Oliver Gustav | Strandstræde 9, 1255 København K, Denmark
Small, gorgeous and a little pretentious not going to lie, but a beaut.

SEE

Tivoli Amusement Park | Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København, Denmark
Worlds 2nd oldest amusement park.

Botanisk Have (Botanical Gardens) | Gothersgade 128, Copenhagen 1353, Denmark
Beautiful gardens, go.

Christiania | Prinsessegade, 1440 Copenhagen, Denmark
Gotta see it!

10 comments:

  1. Leslie in Oregon7/22/15, 12:21 AM

    Copenhagen is one of my longtime favorite cities. Having touched on its glories in summer, you must return in winter, which is enchanting in mostly different ways. I would certainly like to know more about why my ancestors left the three countries of Scandinavia for the midwestern United States three generations ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! As a European, i've never been to Copenhagen. I know, huge shame. Will definitely go there one day though, keeping your tips in mind... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit Copenhagen but just never got around to it! I think next year, I'm definitely going to have to book a long weekend there. It sounds like you had an amazing trip - I can't wait to see the rest of it!
    xo April
    April | April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities and fortunately only 70 min flight away. Beautiful buildings, relaxed people, great restaurants and delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! I visited Copenhagen for the second time last month and it feels like I've still only scratched the surface. There's so much more I want to do (and eat!) there. Höst is absolutely delightful, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this city better than my hometown :) I love that I usually can recognize each and every place that bloggers post about. Living there for six months changed my life. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s great news! Thank's for tips & link. It’s a very useful post. thanks for the efforts. It helps me with my story writing. You are truly to be commended. Your blog posts are very good about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Orlando Paquetes de Vacaciones

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really glad i found this post, i found really good information about Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for your post. It's really helpful :)

    My husband and I will be visiting Copenhagen this winter in December. Where do you think we should stay if we want some scenic place in the city?

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger