Rintaro for Saveur Magazine







Back in February when I was out west I shot Sylvan Brackett and his beautiful new restaurant Rintaro in San Francisco's Mission District. Sylvan is an extremely talented chef whos worked with Alice Waters at Chez Panisse for years prior. Using local seasonal ingredients Rintaro is based off of popular Japanese Izakayas. Sylvan has quite the collection of gorgeous ceramics some of which are made by one of his chefs Yuko Sato. I loved all of his tools, the wasabi grater is made from shark skin and the large knife used for cutting udon noodles. Every detail of the space is thoughtfully curated by Sylvan's travels and life in Japan. Check it out next time you are in SF! These photos came out in the April issue of Saveur Magazine.


  1. I'd love to go to San Francisco and to that restaurant!! I didn't know it and now is on my list!! Thanks for sharing!! Love the blog!! xx

    NEW BLOG POST!! Today we are back with a new RECIPE - HOMEMADE BUTTER AND CINNAMON COOKIES!! - All steps to make the best cookies for the perfect afternoon tea and to entertain!! Check it out!!




© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger