Amsterdam

1.16.2015

Amsterdam_0191


Amsterdam_0186


Harvest_&_Co._0056


Amsterdam_0177


Harvest_&_Co._0017Harvest_&_Co._0158


Amsterdam_0206


Amsterdam_0222Amsterdam_0216


Amsterdam_0074


Harvest_&_Co._0134Harvest_&_Co._0197


Harvest_&_Co._0093


Harvest_&_Co._0075


Amsterdam_0106


Amsterdam_0161


Amsterdam_0110


Amsterdam_0092


Amsterdam_0086


Amsterdam_0095


Amsterdam_0032


After my trip to Antwerp I added on four extra days to visit Amsterdam. To be completely honest I never really had Amsterdam at the top of my list of places to visit in Europe. I was so pleasantly surprised that it quickly became one of my favorite cities in the world. It could have been the people I met, its charming cobblestone streets, the endless canals, the adorable Dutch bikes or the perfect November weather we had. So much of my travel experiences come from the people I meet while I am there. This case was no different, as I mentioned before I met a dozen fabulous people in Antwerp. I connected particularly with my friend Robin, he is smart, well-rounded, charming, funny, the kind of person you want in your life for a long long time. We became quick pals after a week together in Antwerp. He's a real people person and runs a website called the The Citinerary. One of his many strengths is connecting like minded people together. He did just that, introducing me to the lovely Jeroen Woltman and Denise van Gastel who are behind Harvest & Company a gorgeous store Helmersbuurt. Jeroem finds amazing old industrial furniture and lighting fixtures. Denise has a great eye and brings it all together with her elegant touch. Such a beautiful well curated spot. Hope to see you in New York soon Jeroen ;) I fell in love with them all in the short period of time I was there. Here is my list of places that I enjoyed while in Amsterdam. I CANT wait to get back there.



Go List Amsterdam

Coffee

Lot Sixty One Coffee Roasters - Fav coffee shop, third wave coffee and roastery.
Kinkerstraat 112, 1053 ED Amsterdam, Netherlands

Headfirst Coffee Roasters - Third wave coffee
Westerstraat 150, 1015 MP Amsterdam, Netherlands

Eat

De Hallen - Food hall, amazing food and a nice variety of vendors.
Hannie Dankbaar Passage 33, 1053 RT Amsterdam, Netherlands

SLA - Organic salads, super yum, fresh and fast.
Ceintuurbaan 149, 1072 GB Amsterdam, Netherlands

Vinnies - Nice spot for lunch, healthy options.
Haarlemmerstraat 46, 1013 ES Amsterdam, Netherlands

Shops

Harvest & Company - Vintage industrial furnishings and home goods.
Tweede Helmersstraat 90-96, 1054 CM Amsterdam, Netherlands

Sukha - Beautiful boutique of home goods and clothing.
Haarlemmerstraat 110, 1013 EW Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tenue de Nîmes - Beautiful clothing store, specializing in denim.
Haarlemmerstraat 92, 1013 EV Amsterdam, Netherlands

I didnt get to hit all the spots I wanted too, see a full list here.

23 comments:

  1. lovely pics. you captured the spirit of the place. I lived there for a short time of my long life and I found it enchanting and difficult to forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Amsterdam again last year & loved everything about it, such a great vibe with everyone cycling everywhere. I loved Sukha too, I recognised it immediately from your photo! Wonderful photos, I enjoyed looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this made me reach for my pocketbook and check out the trains from london to amsterdam. really want to go back there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photographs! <3 Great to read that you had such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos!!
    Good to hear you had a good time in Amsterdam, witch has been my hometown for the last 20 + years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amsterdam is just so charming. And you capture it so well in your photos. I actually just posted the last of my photos from Amsterdam on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Amsterdam. It's been a while since I visited the last time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're right, amsterdam is such a cool city!
    gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. Love Amsterdam and am hoping to return this summer. Your pictures are amazing and very inspiring to an amateur photographer like myself.

    trishaleighphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though Amsterdam wasn't at the top of your life, it's so nice that you got to visit and so happy to hear you had fun. Wonderful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to read and to see you love my favorite city!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! Check out my fave of today!

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=467771816&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. Thanks, have a nice day. For more details please visit Amsterdam Tour

    ReplyDelete
  14. on November I’ll there and I can’t wait to visit all you tips! Thank you Nicole
    saluti da noi
    Paolo e Irene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice blog post. I absolutely love this website. Thanks!
    please visit this site for more information about skin care http://etnisa.com/gluta-panacea/

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger