An Upstate Weekend

8.10.2013

MK_Upstate_262

MK_Upstate_256

MK_Upstate_278

MK_Upstate_190

MK_Upstate_070

MK_Upstate_601

MK_Upstate_118

MK_Upstate_170

MK_Upstate_437

MK_Upstate_557

MK_Upstate_583

MK_Upstate_341


Back in early June, I went with a group of my pals for a lovely weekend upstate. We stayed in Kari's brothers beautiful home in the Hudson Valley. Having friends with immense culinary talent does have its advantages, I mean look at that spread! My dear pal Kari from Morris Kitchen and I do regular cocktail collaborations and my pal Alison Roman is the assistant food editor at Bon Appetit, what a bunch eh? We made pork tenderloin with a rhubarb sauce, a barley salad with spring vegetables and seared calamari salad. Not to mention a crudité of radishes, olive oil marinated spring onions, local goat cheese feta, toasts with ramp butter and a big old bowl of local greens. I picked rhubarb from the garden and we made some delicious cocktails. Be sure to check out some of the cocktail recipes over here. I cant believe its August already, these months went by in a flash. Better late then never that I get to post these!

15 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful blog!!!!
    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect weather and this is wonderful inspiration to get out there and make a picnic to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely and relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, as always.

    www.mydearrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just, just SO lovely pictures (as always when it comes from You)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like an amazing spread not to mention beautiful scenery. Fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I just discovered your blog, and I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I accidentally came by your blog and wow, I'm loving the photography! You make the food look so delicious and real: it's really inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always so beautiful, your work is stunning! so lovely you share it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. NICE ! I wish I could have been there...please. (-:

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger