Food & Wine Classic in Aspen

6.21.2013

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

IMG_2562

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen

Food & Wine Classic in Aspen | Nicole Franzen


Last weekend I attended the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. Stella Artois sent me on this fantastic trip to document my point of view, working closely with F&W on their tumblr project. Many dreams came true that weekend, meeting celebrity chefs that have inspired me for over two decades. The scenery was surreal, stunning in every way. The landscape is very similar to where I grew up, causing waves of nostalgia. The air so fresh and crisp, the altitude high. Their were moments shared that will stick with me forever. Aspen I love you, thank you Stella Artios and Food & Wine for including me in this special event.
See all the images on my flickr.

25 comments:

  1. Wow. totally stunning!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous set Nicole! you captured the event beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pics Nicole thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great as always. I really love your interior shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I want to be there soooo badly!. Thaks for sharing.

    http://http://theolddoubledecker.blogspot.co.uk//

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you enjoyed being in the mountains!!!

    xo The Egg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photographs!
    I'm always surprised when I look at events such as this and see NO people of color. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, I truly hope thats not the case. I am sorry you feel that way, never my intention :)
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolefranzen/9083451011/

      Delete
  8. *Sigh* So, so lovely. How incredible it must have been to meet so many culinary heroes. Food Network was all I watched growing up. Cooking has always been near and dear to me. I hope to attend one day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow commented on the wrong post. Meant to say how beautiful, clear and pure these images are. The other ones are too - but these are really special. I want some ruby slippers to magically transport me there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible. I loved following your images on the F&W Tumblr project, thank you for taking us along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and colourful photos! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an experience! The Food and Wine lit up against the backdrop of the snowcapped mountains seems like fire on ice! Beautiful pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to move to Colorado. Amazing, all of it. (The shot with the fox is great - something you don't always see).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aspen is a very unique place. I am there often and made sure to catch Food & Wine again this year. I was anxious to see how you represented this wonderful, beautiful, historical town and this incredible event in your photography. You did an exceptional job of capturing the feeling of Aspen during this fun and decadent weekend, and highlighting the spectacular city, its locals, and its visitors. I have many pictures, but I will refer back to your collage in this blog to better appreciate the scene from your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photographs, I wonder which you enjoyed more the food or the stunning backdrop?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful pictures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photographs are so lovely - they capture the exquisite scenery in Aspen as well as the energy of the event! What a wonderful experience this must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, as always ... but grew up in Colorado and they make me homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looked like a fabulous weekend! You captured it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I lived in Boulder, Colorado I always wanted to go to the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen but could never afford tickets. I really enjoyed following your adventure on instagram and these photos are gorgeous too! Looks like you got a shot of my favorite chef-- Jose Andres! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nicole, I loved meeting you in Aspen and hope that our paths will crossed again - soon. You are AMAZINGLY talented! xoDorie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You captured it so beautifully

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger