Whew May was particularly busy, anyone else? I went on some fun day trips. Worked my but off. Had a mental break down. You know, the usual.

I've been obsessed with flowers this month, oh wait that's every month. Lilacs, Lily of the Valley & Irises have been on the rounds in my apartment. I put them next to my bed so I can inhale them in the morning, they make me happy. The weathers been strange but I dont mind. As long as everything is green and I see the sun often, I'm good. Spring produce has been so inspiring, the freshness is hard to beat. My local grocery store and bodega will miss my business, as I plan to avoid them as much as possible this Summer. They can keep their sad wilted greens until next winter when I'm desperate.

We had a margarita party on the roof last week, I drank too much. I'm giving myself clean slate for the next couple of weeks. Speaking of Clean Slate, have you had that sandwich at Salties? Its bomb. I am trying to loose some winter weight, anyone else? Gosh why does it seem to get harder the older we get? Go away flabby arms! You are not welcome here. I probably just got a little too personal but hey isn't that what a blog's for? Conscious cleared.

I love these cooking videos that Weird and Ravenous made for Food52. That Julia Turshen is one badass chick ;)

I need these bowls.

This post, because Sarah makes me laugh out loud.

I wish this was my no fuss outfit.

My friend Mauro makes these awesome canvas bags, like the one I've been sporting around.

Rhubarb & Gin Sorbet with Rose Cream. SAY WHAT? Yes please.

One day I hope to be cool enough to get one of Ariele's spoons.

Oh and how could I forget, some tips on how to take better phone photos via Conde Nast Traveler. Thankful for being included in the round up.


  1. My May has been similar: some greatness, some suckiness and it all went by way too quickly. Looking forward to the weekend though! My husband and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary and taking a little trip up to Seattle (it's where we spent our first vacation together nearly six years ago).

    Those bowls need to be in my life. And I basically want EVERYTHING that Ariele creates. She is too good.

  2. I'm with you on the insane May- how is this month almost over? Whirlwind from start to (almost) finish.
    That rhubarb and gin sorbet sounds like the perfect thing to calm my crazy self down a bit.

  3. Rhubarb & gin sorbet? What? Sounds delicious!

  4. I love this round -up, the margarita roof party sounds like such fun (you can never have too many margaritas!) Can't believe the month is almost over...where does the time go?!...xv

  5. Love this post - so good! Happy to have found your site. And yes, May has been incredibly insane. You're not alone there!

  6. I think I need a margarita roof party asap. In the meantime I'll live vicariously through every single one of these gorgeous photos. That cheese spread in the bottom row is calling my name!

  7. This whole post is eye-wateringly beautiful and looks mouth-tinglingly delicious! What a beautiful May!

  8. Rhubarb and gin sorbet....yes.

  9. Super intense energies in the month of May! What an eventful month. Beautiful photos here! I am craving a good glass of pisco sour, a drink that tastes of home.:)

  10. Gorgeous. I was nodding uncontrollably about the flowers. Every month is flower month. On the other hand, I would love my jiggly arms to disappear as well!



© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger