Orecchiette with Charred Ramps, Pepitas & Herbs


Ramp Pasta | Nicole Franzen

Ramp Pasta | Nicole Franzen

Have you been going crazy for spring produce as much as I have? As each item comes into season and hits the farmer's market stalls, I rush to get my hands on it. Ramps are one, and last week I had the first asparagus of the year. I cook simple things at home. Freshness and basic techniques allow the ingredients to truly shine. Fresh herbs are a great way to perk up any dish; I also love adding lemon zest. This is a very easy and rustic way to prepare ramps. As always, I hope to inspire people to support their local farmers and try new things. My recipes aren't meant to be perfect but rather a guide to inspire. Happy ramp season ya'll, though short-lived, they sure are divine. PS- I would eat everything with a spoon if I could.

2 cups of orecchiette (1 cup per person, serves 2)
1 bunch of ramps
1/2 a cup of toasted pepitas
flat leaf parsley
toasted bread crumbs
salt + cracked pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Toss ramps with olive oil, season.
Roast ramps until lightly charred and tender 12-15 minutes.
Finely chop a handful of flat leaf parley and chives.
Lightly toast a half cup of pepitas.
Cook pasta in heavily salted water until tender.
Mix pasta with a dollop of butter, grated parmesan and fresh herbs.
Add roasted ramps, adjust seasoning if needed.
Top with crispy breadcrumbs and pepitas.


  1. This looks and sounds amazing.

  2. Wow, this looks delicious. We just had a blizzard over here (Colorado), so I'm craving anything Spring-y!

  3. Wow,craving this dish.
    Nicole those ramps look like amazing spring onions crossed with wild garlic...we don't have them here, so I am going to sub, spring onions and wild garlic!!! Not having so much luck with pepitas? What is it?
    Sarah -x-

  4. Simply delectable. I've never used ramps before and I can't wait to try it soon before it's gone!

  5. Anything with ramps is heavenly in my book...

  6. Loving the simplicity of both the graphics and the recipe. Ramps are currently my favorite new spring essential, and pasta my lifelong passion. The idea of adding the pepitas is terrific. Thanks.

  7. Beautiful, with seasonal ingredients like ramps its always best to just let them be in a simple dish.

  8. I'm still yet to try ramps but this looks lovely!

  9. I've never had ramps but the simple elegance of your dish makes me want to run to the closest farmer's market!

  10. Now I know what to do with the funny looking onions that grow out in my woods.

  11. information is very interesting and actual. thank you
    i like thats



© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger