Weekend Part II & a Tiramisu

4.09.2013

Easter Brunch | Nicole Franzen

Easter Brunch | Nicole Franzen

Easter Brunch | Nicole Franzen

Easter Brunch | Nicole Franzen

Easter Brunch | Nicole Franzen


On Easter I went to my good friend Emily's apartment in the East Village. If you follow me on instagram you may recongnize her by ejaphoto, she too is a photographer and a truly talented one. She made a lovely brunch spread and invited some of her nearest and dearest. This tiramisu from The Silver Spoon cookbook was so delicious I wanted to share it with ya'll. My kind of dessert with little fuss and not much room for mistakes, perfect for entertaining. Photos taken with Portra 800.


Tiramisu (Serves 6)
The Silver Spoon Cookbook

2 egg whites
4 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar
1 3/4 cups of mascarpone cheese
7 ounces of lady fingers
3/4 cup of freshly brewed extra strong coffee (cooled)
7 ounces of semisweet chocolate, grated
unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

Instructions

Stiffly whisk the egg whites in a grease free bowl.
Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in another bowl until pale and fluffy.
Gently fold in the mascarpone, then the egg whites.
Make a layer of ladyfingers on the base of a deep, rectangular serving dish and brush them evenly with coffee.
Cover with a layer of the mascarpone cream and sprinkle with a little grated chocolate.
Continue making layers until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of mascarpone cream.
Dust with cocoa and chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.


10 comments:

  1. What a sweet pup! Tiramisu is my favorite, looking forward to trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tirimasu is my favourite dessert, just rich enough to be tantalisingly delicious and light enough to squeeze in after supper. I must try this recipe - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, as always. That dog is awesome, too! Can't wait to try out the tiramisu recipe...it's one of my favorite desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and the tiramissu looks amazingly delicious!!!Got to try it!

    http://theportuguesefoodie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, I haven't had tiramisu for so long. You've inspired me to try it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tiramisu! I have a sweet tooth, so (even though it is not very Italian) - I like to drizzle a little chocolate or caramel syrup on top of my Tiramisu when I serve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yummy! And also thank you for sharing your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Qué rico me encanta el tiramisú! Yo lo hago igual, pero le pongo un poquito de alcohol (como rhum, moscatel o porto al café), pero sé que hay personas que prefieren sin alcohol... ahhh me diste ganas de comer un trozo ahora!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger