Miami

3.18.2013

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

Miami | Nicole Franzen

I really miss living by the sea. It feels like another lifetime when I used to live on an island. Truth be told I am a warm weather girl and I thrive in sunny environments. My skin is healthier, I eat better, I am more active and spend a lot of time outdoors. Winters are tough for me, I used to run away from New York January-March, but things changed and I grew up. I can no longer live the vagabond lifestyle I used to in my early 20's.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world when I get to travel for work. I do well in new environments and get majorly inspired. I went down to Miami last week for a couple of jobs which felt more like fun then work, and took a couple days for myself. I deserved it. I've been to Miami a few times in the past and was in Fort Lauderdale in January.

I stayed at The James in South Beach, a truly lovely hotel and I recommend it to everyone! The service was attentive, the location great, the rooms beautiful, the grounds well kept. I didn't want to leave the pool and laid out as much as I could. I took my morning coffee to the beach, a favorite Miami ritual of mine including a cuban coffee from Davids Cafe and one of their delicious guava pastries. I tried southern style restaurant Yard Bird, which was really great and felt like a little slice of Brooklyn. Their Bourbon cocktails are legit. I grabbed one of La Sandwicherie's massive sandwiches and visited one of my regular favorite spots News Cafe. We checked out Miami's design district and ate a lovely dinner at Michael's Genuine. My client brought back some amazing stone crabs and shrimp from The Keys that we dined on my first night there. Heaven. Miami was good to me this trip, I didn't want to leave.

21 comments:

  1. You make Miami look gorgeous! I live in sunny Colorado but a tropical beachy place looks pretty wonderful here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a wonderful breath of fresh (sea) air on my rather dreary Monday. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these places you've been to seem to be a paradise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so the same as you! I was completely born in the wrong hemisphere coming from the UK! Should have been an Oz girl. The photo's look great, I've never considered Miami before, but I will now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! These pictures of Miami are fab! I visited South Beach many moons ago and absolutely loved it. I'm completely with you on the winter / summer thing. The Swedish winter is soooo long. GRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light in these pictures really speaks of the warmth of being by the beach! They're making me want to get in the car and go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy that beautiful weather in Miami, I'm a warm weather person too...I just feel more alive when the sun is shining and its warm outside! That photo of the beach is gorgeous...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm the complete opposite of you and love the colder climate, but i live in florida. i have been to miami a couple of times and to be honest, i never liked it. however, your photographs seem paint a totally different picture of miami. a side of miami that i would love to see more of. on my next visit, i will make sure to take my time and try to discover the beauty of miami that you've captured here.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a second I felt like I was on holiday...wishful thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's just something magical about Florida's light. It's just good for the soul. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. La Torontoise3/19/13, 1:38 PM

    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always wanted to visit. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos!
    Looks like a great time!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pictures. Want to visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH my gosh. I'm ridiculously inspired by your photography. I grew up in Texas, so I think I probably wouldn't make it in colder climates. Can't tell you how much I'd love to live next to the ocean like you used to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are so evocative. I just got goosebumps looking at this Miami gallery. I spent 10 years of my life living down there, mostly in South Beach near 8th and Washington and then right off Biscayne Blvd near 79th street. I was ready to get out of there after a decade of sunshiny days that blurred my sense of time - I would lose track of the years and months literally. I learned to notice certain blooming tropical trees and flowers to cue me in to what season it was. Looking at these images puts me right back there, from the verdant palm fronds framed against that relentlessly cloudless sky right down to the marble grains in the chilly terrazzo floor. Just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful... and so you! Unique and quirky. Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are truly making want to move to Miami! I live in Paris, and yes, it's great here as well, but the sun keeps playing hide and seek with us and now your photos show me that the sun is actually living it up in Miami. Beautiful photos! Truly inspirational. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are truly making me to go to Miami! I live in Germany, and yes, it's great here, but now we have winter conditions here.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger