Pappardelle Scarpariello

2.26.2013

IMG_9435IMG_9588
IMG_9561IMG_9570

My friend Camille Becerra and I got together a few weeks back to make some homemade pasta. We love collaborating together and I will admit that working with chefs makes my job that much more fun. We did a couple of pastas and this papparedelle was one. Super simple, fresh and delicious. Thanks Camille for the recipe! Even if you dont have the time to make fresh pasta, this sauce would be great with any dried pasta.

Fresh Pappardelle

1 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 egg
water, as needed

-Mix the flour and salt.
-Beat egg.
-Make a well in the flour to hold the egg, slowly start incorporate the flour with the egg a little at a time.
-Determine the dryness of the dough and add water accordingly, it is important to do so now before you begin kneading. Dough tends not to take in any moisture once it is developed.
-Let dough rest for at least 20 minutes.
-Roll and cut.



Sauce Scarpariello
Adapted from Rocco Dispirito

2 TB Olive oil
2 anchovy fillets
2 cloves garlic, crushed
16 oz canned tomato sauce
1 sprig fresh oregano
¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
1 ½ TB capers
¼ cup quartered black olives
1 pinch chili flakes
salt - pepper

-Warm olive oil and add garlic and anchovy until garlic turns lightly golden and anchovies melt.
-Add the tomato and oregano and bring up to a simmer.
-Add the capers, olives and chili, mix well.
-Cook pasta. Add to the sauce along with the breadcrumbs.
-Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
-Plate and drizzle with olive oil and fresh oregano.

24 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, thank's for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work in a small mom and pop Italian restaurant and every now and then my boss would make this as a special. In fact, I think I'll use your recipe this week. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous and yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh pappardelle and the sauce looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try this! I still miss Paloma . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite type of pasta--so luscious and ribbony! Homemade pasta is the best, and the sauce looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole that looks so good! love the story and love working with you, fun times!


    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm napolitan and i love this recipe!kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. is that oregano really clover in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks divine!! I'd love to use pappardelle more often...I'll be trying this definitely...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My gosh, this looks incredible. Simple and rustic...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks absolutely fantastic. I can so get behind this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    My daughter is vegetarian. What would you suggest asan alternative to anchovies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just omit it all together, it will be delish still.

      Delete
    2. Or try smoked dolse seaweed, maybe.

      Delete
  14. I really need to make fresh pasta again sometime. It has been so long. My parents have a really cool old pasta maker, but I have a KitchenAid. I do not yet have the pasta attachment, but I do have a birthday coming up at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous pappardelle! I'm Italian and I'm love with your blog and your
    amazing photos.
    Bye!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, did you use a specific type of black olive? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger