A Sunny Day in Marin

10.19.2012

IMG_0802

IMG_0867

IMG_0838

IMG_0865

IMG_0847

IMG_0842

IMG_0899

IMG_0880

IMG_0835

IMG_0824

IMG_0830

IMG_0870

IMG_0807

I flew out to San Francisco last week for a shoot with Wantful (excited to share more on that soon). After we wrapped up our week, I had a day and half to play with my dear friend Aaryn who lives in Marin. We were roommates in Buenos Aires and quickly became close friends. You may remember when I visited her in San Francisco last year. I absolutely adore her family and close circle of friends. Every time I am around them its makes me want to move, just to be closer. A lovely group of ladies just like you would see in the movies. A true bond and connection, healthy, happy and strong. The kind of people you want to spend all your time with and adopt as your own.

On Friday night a group of us girls went to Kabuki Spa in the city. What a treat after a long week, and how do we not have these all over New York City? Dry sauna, steam room, cold water plunge, hot pool, repeat. I'm in, and for only $20? Come on. Saturday was spent going on a nice hike in Muir Woods, walked around Mill Valley (I want to grow old there), ate the best crab roll of my life and stopped by Heath Ceramics. A quick visit to the San Rafael farmer's market on Sunday and I was off again. We had perfect sunny weather and as always Northern California tempts me to relocate.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do relocate so you can continue to capture these lovely NorCal views. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp. Love the light and shadows. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fine light, warm and beautiful..my inspiration for the day..thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of tomatoes!! Also, sun spots <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really made me homesick. I grew up in San Francisco, but spent all of my summers in Marin County. There was nothing like hiking in the brown grass hills, sitting in the shade of the oak trees to escape the heat of mid-day, and biking down the main shopping drag (straight out of the 40's and hippy-ish run-down) to go see a matinee horror movie. And, yes, heading down to one of the bay communities to eat anything made of crab. It's no longer the quaint county of my childhood, but it maintains its stunning natural beauty and bounty of ocean and bay goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really made me homesick. I grew up in San Francisco, but spent all of my summers in Marin County. There was nothing like hiking in the brown grass hills, sitting in the shade of the oak trees to escape the heat of mid-day, and biking down the main shopping drag (straight out of the 40's and hippy-ish run-down) to go see a matinee horror movie. And, yes, heading down to one of the bay communities to eat anything made of crab. It's no longer the quaint county of my childhood, but it maintains its stunning natural beauty and bounty of ocean and bay goodness.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger