Maple & Lime Roasted Peaches

7.06.2012

IMG_9374IMG_9350
IMG_8991IMG_9384

Two desserts back to back? What is this you say? Things are getting crazy over here! My waistline is suffering but I joined the gym. Some of you may remember that one of my New Years resolutions was to feature more sweets and baked items, to prove to myself that I am not baking challenged.

Being blessed with all these delicious summer fruits I just cant help myself. I know I may not post the most "complicated" recipes. Not too many hard to get ingredients or exotic flavor profiles. I like fresh food, with subtle enhancements, I dont claim to be a chef or a food stylist. I love to showcase how easy it can be to make really delicious food with very little effort. No excuses! Simplicity is my middle name, it works for me. These peaches are a perfect balance of sweet and tart, divine.


Ingredients

5 juicy ripe peaches (1-2 per person)
maple syrup
lime
thyme
sea salt

serve with ice cream, whipped cream, yogurt, marscapone, what ever creamy delight you love.

Method

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut peaches in half, remove the pits and place cut side down. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons of maple syrup and the juice of one lime. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Flip over once throughout. Serve warm with a dollop of cream, a few fresh thyme leaves and a tiny pinch of maldons.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I was just looking for a nice dessert recipe for peaches the other day. You just gave me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I've not yet roasted peaches; perhaps this is the year! I share your palette -- simplicity with a bit of flare. Lovely photos... And clearly you're fully capable in the baking realm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This is divine! I love this kind of easy summer desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this simple dessert !! Looks So sumcious :)) I just love your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! I love it, it looks mouthwatering!!!
    Greatings Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to have this right now on my deck with the heat making my legs stick to the vinyl chairs, a slight breeze and the smell of a summer evening.

    Wren

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect recipe. Anything with fresh peaches can't help but be divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks just perfect.

    i know it is a recipe for dessert, but i think that i'll be extra indulgent and make it for breakfast. i mean that is what's summer for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I've never even thought of roasting peaches, but now I'm going to definitely make these this week!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger