June

6.27.2012

1

I take a lot of photos, like a lot. Probably too much, but the ease of capturing all thats lovely around me with my iPhone, is something I do by nature. I just can't help myself. I am that person who takes time to smell the flowers, appreciates well designed spaces and finds the beauty in everyday life. Instagram is like visual crack and it's safe to say I am an addict. A collection of iPhone images from June, all edited with VSCO app. You can find me on instagram at nicole_franzen.

5

June was packed full of busy work weeks, some local traveling, BBQ's, dinners & brunches out. Meeting new friends and spending time with old ones. Cooking loads with the finest of Summer's bounty. Being outdoors, on boats, in cars, in traffic and stuck in my editing seat. Watching my tomatoes grow before my eyes right outside my window. Sitting on my fire escape watching the sunset over the Manhattan skyline. Surviving a heat wave without AC. Anticipating the opening of McCarren Pool at the end of this week. Any summer favorites? Plans for the 4th?

Below a few shots from an assignment at Waterford Gardens in New Jersey, such a beautiful place specializing in water lilies, lotuses, and aquatic plants. The building is over a hundred years old. They also raise koi fish.

2

In the second week of June I went on an assignment to Long Island to shoot the lovely Anita Lo of Annisa. I grabbed my pal Tim and fellow photographer extraordinaire to come with. We rented a car and drove an hour and half on the Long Island expressway. Appearing in the cutest coastal neighborhood near Fire Island, beautiful homes, fishing and gardens galore. I'm a fan, I want a house out there asap. Tim took some beautiful photos here, I will share some of mine in the future.

3

People often ask me about recommendations in the city. I have lots to share and say. One of my favorite neighborhood restaurants is Five Leaves in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The ricotta pancakes (pictured below) are to die for, I give you the tip to go early. Its always busy and if you go before the hipsters wake up, you will be in heaven. Also recently opened in Greenpoint is Ovenly, with an adorable new storefront and the most delicious baked goods around. We've been working on some new photos for their site, which I surely will share in the future. Be sure to go check it out. Cocktails and cheese at Hotel Delmano never disappoint.

6

14 comments:

  1. Your photos always inspire me to keep taking photos and to get better thru each click.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, I´m hungry (and I already had dinner) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started taking pictures more and more too. I'm starting to look at the world around me as a photo op, lol. It's so bizarre! LOVE your images. You have a great eye.

    xo
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are stunning! The food ones are beautiful. I love your aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite photo is the top right one. The combination of the greens is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really rock that iphone, Nicole. Lovely photos.
    I am addicted to VSCO! Now if I could only afford it for Lightroom...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Nicole, how awesome is it that you got to shoot Anita Lo? I cannot wait to see more! It's always inspiring to see life through your lens. Your June looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are absolutely wonderful :) They make me so excited for my upcoming move to New York. And I love the recommendations for places to eat, they are going directly into my Moleskine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photograph of the net and the ocean - really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Anita Lo! She is so bad ass. So cool that you got to shoot her. Lovely photos. What a beautiful month you had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those ricotta pancakes with the syrup coming down looks so very VERY delicious....esp. being that it is 7:00am here and my mind is flipping to breakfast. Wonderful photo tour. I love hearing about your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I recently discovered your blog and is so elegant and interesting! Unfortunately mine is in french only... But I really have to make it bilingual ^^ Have a good day :)

    http://riricuisine.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been said but I have to say it again, these are absolutely gorgeous!! I'm headed to your parts in early August for work, would be lovely to get together again for a coffee. Let's plan. Happy summer xx

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger