Still Life

2.15.2012

IMG_1817
IMG_1887
IMG_1807
IMG_1839
IMG_1795
IMG_1874

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a nice week. We are finally seeing a bit of February weather around here. While the light may be a bit gloomy, for photos it couldn't be any more ideal. I used to think that bright blue skies and sunny days were best. Boy was I wrong. Now over years of playing around with different light. I realize that I find my self drawn to the darkest of nooks where the light is touching gracefully, through a series of different filters. The light in the early morning and right before the sun goes down is ideal. I adore fog, clouds, and grey skies. Today I was inspired by the light and took these with some of the things in my kitchen.

Bowls - West Elm
Boards - Daskam and Dworkis
Linens - CB2 & Fabric Store
Silverware - Vintage, Flea Market
Glasses - Picardie Tumblers by Duralex

13 comments:

  1. stunning!! gosh i want that second photograph- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the one with with cutlery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lighting and love the new layout. Classy! I'm a lover of gloomy light diffused days too. Chicago winters usually do me right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foggy and cloudy days are my favorite for shooting too, even though my images tend to be much brighter than yours. :) It still adds a depth that I swoon over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - love love love those chunky chopping boards and that's some gorgeous old cutlery too. Ah... I love the overcast skies that act as a darkish lightbox and give the softest of lights, or those foggy mornings when the first rays of sunlight filter through the trees. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos. I adore them all!
    I like your new sophisticated layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the boards too.

    lovely greetings

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! gorgeous lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning neutral shades. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful!

    I am in love with the first ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lighting is just beautiful and the shots are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are lovely. I love vintage silverware - I just came across an old box of my Grandma's and am in heaven. And I'm no photographer, but I do appreciate gloomy days as well - I love dark pictures with that little bit of light.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger