A New Year...

1.02.2012

IMG_9211

Happy New Year friends. Firstly thanks for all your support and nice words over the year. You have made this year special and I have formed some great relationships through the blog. Since everyone is doing it, I figured I would jot down a few of my new years resolutions.

- Take better care of my body, being more active outdoors and doing yoga regularly. Less time on the computer.
- Do more to help in the community, helping both animals and people who are less privileged
- Getting my hands dirty, helping and learning from farmers, planting trees and expanding my summer garden.
- Travel more, whether it be little trips or big ones.
- Teaching myself how to bake well. The Tartine Cookbook will be my motivation.
- Buying nothing packaged or canned, cooking everything from scratch.
- Taking a wood working course, so I can learn to build things.
- Growing my business and creating new client relationships.
- Always looking at ways to improve myself and to never stop learning.

January 1st also happens to be my birthday, so New Year, new age :) 27 is going to be a good year.

Some of your favorite posts this year and highlights...

- This soup, potato, leek & celeriac
- Autumn in Union Square Greenmarket
- My trip to San Francisco
- Marin County Farmer's Market
- Dinner at our house
- August Restaurant
- A dinner party with The Cookery by Camille Becerra
- Summer at Eagle Street Rooftop Farm
- This Salad of Grilled Treviso, Watercress & Blue Cheese
- Rhubarb Apple Pop-Tarts by Camille Becerra
- Our trip to Tulum, Mexico

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and New Year, then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! 27 was my best year yet, but it was also the year I gave birth to my 1st son. Having babies aside though, it was an age that I truly felt like I was coming into my own, so to speak.
    You have some great resolutions! Happy New Year! xo - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful resolutions! I especially love the one about making everything from scratch! It's more time consuming, but definately worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy [belated] birthday! and happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great birthday, Nicole!! 2012 will be big for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your list sounds lovely, happy year to you filled with whole, kind and inspirational adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! My birthday is on Christmas so I know all about the holiday birthday experience. Hope 2012 is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Glad to have found your blog last year. Here's to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog and photos, you have a new follower :)
    silkchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday and happy new year Nicole! I've so enjoyed following your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday belated! And I really wish you a happy new year. It's fun to follow your blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year with others wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the wood working course thing and yes, I'm gonna need photos ;-)

    Happy New Year and Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful list and gorgeous photos...
    Happy New Year and Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happiest of Birthdays, Nicole!! I love your peaceful serene photo on this post. It inspires and settles me at the same time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great reflections, lady! I, too, have grand plans for 2012. Here's to success, health, love, and good food, of course. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great resolutions. i love the ambitious idea of cooking everything from scratch. it's amazing how often i find myself relying on pre-made. such a shame. i might just have to take a cue from you. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger