Missing the Sea...

1.18.2012

IMG_9827

Missing the sea, but embracing its treasures. I will be honest and say that this time of year is hard for me. I don't care for the bitter cold, darkness at 5 o'clock and dark and dreary days. While I have learned to embrace them instead of fight them which I had for years. I dream of beaches in foreign lands, and the itch to go away wont fade. While I have been lucky in my life and been able to go away for months at a time, this year we are doing something different. I will be saving for a trip to Europe this Summer. While South America & Mexico are screaming my name yet again, I will ignore it. England, France & Spain I shall see you soon enough.

8 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate as I consider my self more of a tropical bird than a winter bird. I would love to take a trip this year, but right now grad school comes first. Enjoy your trip planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your love of the beach, Nicole. I guess these cold, dreary days of winter are good for snuggling up with some tea and planning our next adventures. Cheers to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. South America is screeeeaaaming my name! Actually, anywhere with a Beach is yelling at the top of their lungs for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate. I moved away from Hawaii last year, where I lived only 20 min from countless beaches. I also have France to look forward to in the summer; so looking forward to the change in scenery. Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We´ll waiting por you in spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture. I live by the sea in Germany. But these days it's dark 5 o'clock also. ;) Enjoy the sweet anticipation for your Europe trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a winter person the quietness of it, the still moments and pale scenery mixed in with grey and dark browns all this and i still crave foreign lands sometimes i wonder if i crave the person i am in places that are not my own.

    beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come to Hungary too! It'll be different! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger