Little Gems

1.11.2012

1
3
7
2
5
6
4

Little gems... like this spot, The Bedford. These places are found in every nook and cranny here in New York, somewhere you may least expect hosts something fabulous. I took these photos last summer. While sorting through some old work, I decided to revisit them. The 1920's have made a strong come back in Brooklyn. Most bars and restaurants represent the finest of that era. The tin work repainted, the old light fixtures refurbished, the layers of paint stripped from the 100 year old buildings. What a beautiful style that I seem to be swooning over. Maybe I watch too much Boardwalk Empire. I love the photographs taken during that time period. Don't you just want to curl up with a whiskey? Dark, moody, black and white how I adore you...

6 comments:

  1. I need to find little places like this in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white beauties! Love the one with straw hat and counter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a gorgeous place Nicole...I love this kind of mood "20 and '30 are among my favorite historical periods from an architectural/fashion point of view

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! A whiskey in one those moody corners seems like something out of a novel set from the '20s-'30s. Wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love b+w's and I love love love this period of arch/interior design.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger