Baked Eggs

12.25.2011

Baked Eggsbaked eggs

One of our favorite things to eat for breakfast on the weekend is baked eggs. Perfect for the colder months, its super easy to prepare and the ultimate winter breakfast. A jar of your favorite tomato sauce (or fresh sauce if feeling ambitious), crack in four eggs and bake until bubbly. You can make it a handful of different ways. Including things like creme friache, caramelized leeks, herbs, greens, potatoes, any vegetable, cheese or meat. Get creative.


Ingredients

4 eggs (2 per person)
1/2 of a jar of your favorite tomato sauce, 12oz
fresh thyme (any herb is a nice addition)
sea salt and pepper
mozzarella or parmesan


Method

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a baking dish, add a half of a jar of sauce, about one and half cups. The addition of mozzarella cheese is nice. Crack 4 eggs evenly spaced on top of the sauce. Season with sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh herbs on top. Place in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes, until preferred egg doneness. I like my yolks slightly cooked, but if you prefer them more runny, cook less. You want the whites to be firm and the sauce to bubble. Serve with toast and a nice green salad.

8 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, that looks delicious!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look really delicious and its wickedly easy. Taking notes now, bookmarked! Happy holidays! :D

    buy wow accounts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These eggs look delicious! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Nicole, I hope you've been enjoying festive and peaceful holidays with tons of delicious food.

    This greeting reaches you a little later than I intended it. I haven't been much around, as I was dealing with the flu. I didn't let it ruin my holidays and I ate and ate and ate. Then I ate some more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This is going to be our lunch tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i baked an egg once, and it came out like rubber!
    ha! i will need to try again!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger