Stone Barns Harvest Fest

10.06.2011

IMG_9843IMG_9570
IMG_9789IMG_9437
IMG_9794
IMG_9850IMG_9475IMG_9463
IMG_9524IMG_9668
IMG_9516
IMG_9588
IMG_9586IMG_9506
IMG_9669IMG_9673


Last Saturday I was up at Stone Barns shooting their annual harvest event. I was invited a few months back and I had been counting the days until. It was a cool rainy autumn morning but it ended up clearing up into a perfect day. People decked out in their wellies wandered around the farm, meeting with animals, eating great food, listening to live music, and watching some amazing demonstrations. You may remember my photos from previous visits to Stone Barns like this one and this one. If you live in NYC and havent been I highly recommend making a visit. Its only a mere hour away and well worth the trip. They offer a wide variety of classes and different events through out the year so be sure to check out their website. You can also view the full set of photos from the harvest event on my flickr.

12 comments:

  1. beautiful! in love with those sheepies, the smoke rising from the barn, and everything else. lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, at some point in my life...I just have to get a pair of wellies! Then, I would love to go to a beautiful place like where you photographed. I love the photo of the lamb and of the pig. What a great assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really captured the feel. Such a beautiful place! Wish we could have met each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the greens, the rising smoke, the freshly picked eggs, the sheep..all are so inviting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been a wonderful day. Love the photo of the pig, love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photographs! My favorites are the sheep (I love how it's looking back at you), the beets, and the pig. Looks like a gorgeous farm. Hope I'll be able to visit one day ...
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gosh. Why havent I been here before! Sheep? Gardens? ...and PIGS? This place is a must visit! Beautifully captured...love the moody hues, so lovely Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such great shots, as always! looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your images are always a treat for my eyes ! so beautiful....happy clicking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without question, my absolute favorite place. Lucky girl.

    I'll be in NYC over Thanksgiving week, and I'm hoping to set aside some time for a trip to Tarrytown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shot of the pig! I so wanted to go to this, but we had family in town:). It's nice to see it anyway! Also, lovely to stumble across another Brooklyn blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the most ideal type of Barns is stone barn. It just perfectly looks pleasant and attractive. The photos just reminded me of how beautiful and ideal life at countryside is with all the animals and crops that are naturally pampered.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger