Sonoma Valley

8.31.2011

IMG_6092IMG_6158
IMG_6110IMG_6127
IMG_6097IMG_6102
IMG_6121


On my recent trip to San Francisco, we took a quick day trip to Sonoma Valley. Only about an hour away, unreal. I need to spend a month there, and slowly make my way through every vineyard in Napa and Sonoma. Also stopping at great farms, eating local cheeses, fruits and veggies. I did not spend enough time here! I will be back as soon as I can. We visited Iron Horse Winery and Gary Farrell. Tasted some delicious sparklings and roses from Iron Horse and drank the best Pinot's around at Gary Farrell. It's always great putting a vineyard to the wines you have been selling or drinking your whole life.

Sonoma Valley is totally gorgeous. Set inside the valley are rows of vines, large rolling hills and wineries scattered along the steep terrains. Surrounded by dense forestry of red woods and wild berries growing along the roads. The scent of wildflowers in the breeze. The Russian River following through the heart of it. What's not to love? I will be back people, I will.

14 comments:

  1. We used to go up there all the time to visit family. Lovely place with an amazing soul. Glad you got to spend some time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it here! The wine, cheeses, oysters, crab and fresh produce make it a foodie's dream. I love heading down River Road and hitting all the wineries and then ending up at the coast. We are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love Sonoma valley. Thanks for sharing the San Rafael market--I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics! I was just there a few weeks ago and didn't want to leave. I still can't decide if I liked Sonoma or Napa more though. Do you have a preference?

    http://www.myfarefoodie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that first shot... WOW. looks amazing- hope i get to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sonoma - some of the best Pinots produced are in the Russian River Valley. It's beautiful and the people are passionate about food and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sonoma valley is pretty much perfect. good wine, good food, good scenery, good people. i'm jealous of your trip! photos are gorgeous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could use a glass of rose, maybe a little later. That looks like our Casablanca Valley, here in Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos, Nicole! Next time you come, you should also check out the Russian River area wineries. Some of the best in the CA wine country, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just beautiful... i can't wait to make my own trip to any of these gorgeous vineyards someday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I can just smell the fresh air and feel the warm breeze looking at these photos. I have been as a child but would love to return when I make a trip to the US. Ill keep it in mind. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. may we all do our best and be mindful of our lifestyles and consumerism so that the natural bounty, beauty and splendor of northern california is preserved, not manipulated.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger