Roasted Corn Salsa

8.04.2011

IMG_5076

Hello All,

Just a quick little recipe I wanted to share before I leave tomorrow morning. The Southwest has already started inspiring me. Also needing to use the last items I had in the fridge. I made a super yummy corn salsa. You can eat this with anything; with chips, in tacos, on fish or meat,on eggs, whatever your heart desires. Sweet corn is in season now and what a better time to fire up the grill and make this super easy, bright and refreshing salsa.

Ingredients

5 ears of sweet corn
1/2 of a red onion
1 bunch of cilantro
2 limes
olive oil
sea salt & pepper
cumin

Method

Remove husks from corn and lightly coat in olive oil. Cook on the grill or on the stovetop right over the flames. Turning to char the corn. Meanwhile dice half of one red onion and cilantro. Put ingredients in a bowl and add the juice of 2 limes. Mix in a little olive oil and sea salt. When corn is cool gently use your knife to slide down the sides of the corn. Add the corn to the mix and toss. You could add jalapenos if you want it spicy. Add a pinch of cumin and adjust seasoning if needed.

11 comments:

  1. I love grilled corn anything and this looks wonderful for summer. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently found your blog. I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm this looks so amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get enough of Colorado sweet corn right now...great reason to make this salsa! Have so much fun on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how delicious. :-) I haven't had good sweet corn yet this year and this would be the perfect recipe to try it out in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe. I will definitely make it this weekend! Enjoy your holiday, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good – yummy! Now I'm also longing for blue tortilla chips; haven't eaten those since 2009. Not the easiest to find in Europe.

    Enjoy your holiday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite ways to eat salsa. Been loving roasted corn and the simple, easy throw of ingredients makes it super light and gorgeous (especially with the purple onions).

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger