A day trip to Stone Barns

7.23.2011

IMG_4576

IMG_4689

IMG_4669

IMG_4656

IMG_4569

IMG_4568

IMG_4541

IMG_4536

IMG_4620


IMG_4547

IMG_4696

IMG_4599

IMG_4553

IMG_4589

IMG_4587

IMG_4453

IMG_4486

IMG_4499

My boyfriend and I decided to take a little road trip to the country. I wanted to show him Stone Barns and I was dying to get back since I was there last year. This time I didn't have dinner at Blue Hill, we just hung out around the farm and hiked around the property. It's so magical up there, I just love it. It's one of my favorite places outside the city and only a mere hour away. The property is located in Tarrytown, New York and was once owned by the Rockafellers. We visited with cows, sheep, pigs and chickens. Wandered around the gardens and through the forests. Dipped our feet in the creek, ate wild berries and gave the trees a hug. You can view my previous trip to Blue Hill at Stone Barns from last summer.

View all my photos from both trips on my flickr.

Stone Barns for Food & Agriculture
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10591
(914) 366-6200
http://www.stonebarnscenter.org/

16 comments:

  1. your photos are so beautiful and full of color. I am so happy I found your blog its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! makes me want to get up there again. i think i'll have to wait for the heat to die down though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stone Barns is such a special place. I loved walking through the woods and seeing the pigs. You captured it beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what amazing photos! such a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of anything better than a trip out of town! This place looks beautiful and your gorgeous photos definitely make it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant place. The images capture the essence and mood of the barn, wonderfully. Sadly more people don't make the trip to such a gem steps from the city. Love the pigs shot the most. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These images are so cozy and comforting. Its like I'm there too. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful -- I especially love the one of the pig!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to visit this farm and restaurant for ages. Now that I've seen your photos I want to visit now. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those blueberry muffins are my favorite! sorry i missed seeing you this saturday! looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may think you did that trip with G. only, but after seen these inspiring and inviting pictures I have the feeling I was there too :)

    ah, Nicole, tu siempre disfrutando La Buena Vida!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard to believe it's only an hour out of the city. Spectacular photos - I can almost feel the fresh air on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Just looking at the images is refreshing. (I splurged on a special meal at Blue Hill a year ago in NYC; did not regret a moment of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I just discovered your blog after seeing you in the comment field over on Sweet Fine Day. I, too recently visited Stone Barns and posted about it. So fun to see the beauty through other people's eyes...you capture the magic perfectly!

    Looking forward to plunging into your archives and getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger