Smorgasburg & Saveur's "Sites We Love"

6.25.2011

SmorgasburgSmorgasburg
Smorgasburg
SmorgasburgSmorgasburg
Smorgasburg


Ok, I admit it. It's absolutely amazing living in New York City and being surrounded by the food scene here. During the Summer months it's literally endless the amount of open aired markets and food fairs that go on. Smorgasburg named after the Scandinavian Smörgåsbord meaning a feast or buffet. Being all cute they added the burg since it's placed in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I have been meaning to stop by the Smorgasburg since it opened up over a month ago. Since I always work on Saturdays I missed it, I frequently visit Brooklyn Flea on Sundays which takes place in the exact same waterfront location. They also have some of the same food vendors but with a wide variety of other things like antiques etc.

Today I was lucky enough to go for a visit. I met up with my friend Kimberly of The Year in Food who was here for a quick visit from SF. We strolled around this outdoor food market for a good hour eating everything from raw oysters, to baha fish tacos, to grilled corn with cilantro lime butter, a little blue bottle coffee and some of my new favorite shaved ice from people's pops. A must see if you are in the city and want to do something fun on a Saturday, did I mention there is a new East River Ferry? Takes you right to it :) Brooklyn rocks

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Saveur gave me "Sites We Love" read the full interview here. Happy face :)

saveur

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on being featured in Saveur. What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - well deserved. Really like the slice of life pics of food markets in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature, that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is beautiful so are your images! And congratulation!!!warm regards Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you - and it's so well deserved. Your blog is incredibly beautiful and inspiring. Go you! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I must admit, I didn't know of your blog until recently but I absolutely love what you're doing. Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like your blog is becoming more and more popular. That's wonderful, you totally deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nicole, Saveur has wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the press- so well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Love the beautiful images on your site. Thanks for reading Bijouxs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congratulations on the Saveur article! Your images are amazing - the corn on the cob really made me feel as if I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely deserving on being featured in Saveur, congratulations!!!! The food scene in NYC looks amazing, next time I visit I will be following your recommendations for sure. Your photos are, as always, beautiful!
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being featured!
    And the oysters and the tacos look amazing. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the Sites We Love honor, Nicole! (And thanks for the shout out, too!) Smorgasburg was a blast - glad we got to spend a couple hours together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the Saveur interview!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an awesome and amazing blog with great pics!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger