Roasted Baby Beets with Feta, Pistachios & Mint

6.13.2011

Roasted Baby Beets with Pistachios, Mint and Sheep's Milk Feta
IMG_1832.jpgIMG_1872.jpg
Roasted Baby Beets with Pistachios, Mint and Sheep's Milk Feta


Ingredients

1 bunch of baby beets (regular beets are fine)
sheep's milk feta cheese
pistachios
fresh mint
olive oil
sea salt

Method

Clean beets and trim off the beet tops. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place beets on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-45 minutes depending on size, until fork tender. Pull beets out of the oven and set aside to cool (about 10 minutes). With larger beets you may want to peel the outer layer of skin. With these smaller beets I didnt find it necessary. Slice beets and place in a bowl. Remove pistacios from their shells and chop roughly. Add pistachios and crumbled feta to the beets. Finish with a chiffonade of fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil. Season and taste. This would be great over a bed of arugula or any greens. The combination is really perfect :) nom

15 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful Nicole! I love the combination of beetroot and feta, but most of the time I am too lazy to roast them, so I just have them raw with feta and walnuts. But your recipe looks so good, I will not be lazy and try it soon :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so striking. I love the rustic feel. I'm in the process of learning photography & your photos are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I've just thinned the beets in my garden, and ended up with a few lovely baby beets to use in a salad this week. The combo of pistachios and feta sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! this looks so wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i love that cutting board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the rich and dark colors of this post. and pistachios - keep them away from me or i'll eat a whole bag in seconds! man this looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mint, pistachios, beets - what an awesome combination! Bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photoes, Nicole.
    Looks delicious!
    Now I like you on fb too!!!

    Hugs Tove

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was loving the instagram photos you were posting of this salad a few days back as well! Beets and I have had a precarious relationship, but I'd say we're on the up swing for sure. Can't wait to try this new variation :). Lovely lovely photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos and colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a huge fan of beetroots and this combination sounds absolutely delicious! Love the refreshing mint in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice ingredients for nice salad. I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love. Just made a version of this a few weeks ago using walnuts and parsley and totally swooned over it. So good! BTW, congrats on all your recent successes -- how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger