Spring Veggies



I dont know about you, but I am super excited about all the Spring vegetables that will be appearing at the Farmer's Market in the upcoming months. It's been a long winter of root veggies and I am ready to start hitting the markets religiously. Asparagus, being one of my favorites will soon be popping up. Also including things like radishes, rhubarb, ramps, leafy greens, fresh beans like fava and soy, broccoli, pea shoots, cardoons, artichokes and sugar snap peas. Then moving onto loads of fresh berries and all sorts of delicious things later in the season. What is your favorite Spring veggie? I am also stoked for the flowers, Lilies of the Valley which is the most incredible smelling bell shaped flowers. Lilacs and cherry blossoms. We leave for Mexico on Monday and this will probably be my last post for a little over a week. I'll be back soon with endless amounts of photos.

On another note, Saveur is taking nominations for the best food blogs of 2011. I would love you forever if you took the time to enter me into the loop. Category most likely being best food photography. Thank you.

Visit Saveur's website here


  1. That is a beautiful photo. I will happily vote for your blog. It's lovely.

  2. LOVE asparagus. I'm so excited for local produce again!

  3. I Love the light and shallow depth of field. Lovely work!

  4. The colours of asparagus is such a gorgeous green now isn't it! And I love how it's always a sign of spring to see asparagus at the markets :-)

  5. I'm counting the days to spring too. Roasted veggies are all good and well, but there's nothing quite like the fresh simplicity of spring produce. Can't wait!

  6. Asparagus is one of my favorites. Can't wait for the farmers market!!



© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger