Recipe :: Pasta "Cacio, Pepe e Cavolo Nero"

3.09.2011

Pasta "Cacio, Pepe e Cavolo Nero"
Cacio e Pepe is a traditional dish of Rome. It's very simple and easy to make. One of those comfort dishes that tastes good and pleases all ages. "Cacio" meaning cheese, most commonly used is Pecorino Romano and "Pepe" meaning pepper. This dish is usually made with Spaghetti or Bucatini. I used Bucatini which has a pin hole through it. I always need my greens so I added some lucinato kale "cavolo nero". A poached egg would be a really nice addition. I added a touch of lemon and truffle salt which gave it a nice little boost. Pecorino is naturally really salty so not much additional salt is needed, also it is much more affordable then parmesan making this pretty cost efficient.

Ingredients

bucatini pasta
pecorino romano cheese
butter
lucinato kale
2 cloves of garlic
lemon
ground pepper
salt

Method

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt water and cook pasta to directions. In a large saute pan on low-med heat drizzle a little olive oil and add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Rinse and cut kale into thin strips, removing the larger part of the ribs that are tough. Add kale to pan and saute till tender about 4 minutes. Grate about a loose cup of Pecorino cheese on a box grater. Drain pasta and immediately add to saute pan. Toss in a couple tablespoons of butter and cheese. Grind a good amount of pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss well, adjust seasoning and serve hot right away. Bon Appetito.

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh I am so hungry right now Nicole! It looks delicious, I love spaghetti cacio e pepe, and the addition of cavolo nero is very intriguing although I never tried it like that...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely pasta dish!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! This is such a wonderful pasta dish... My hubby will love it!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful, simple, dish! I love your recipes! (and photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the one dish I crave from Aroma.
    Yours looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds amazing. definitely bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious! this might be one of my fave pastas. simple yet soooo comforting. always hits the spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look delish! Just found your blog... you have a new follower :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could pin this... :(

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger