Markets :: My Favorite Cheese Shops

3.20.2011

cheeseshops copy

I love cheese, and can never seem to get enough. The thoughts of being a vegan for health purposes have entered my mind. But I just cant give up something that I enjoy so damn much. Cheeses are one of my favorite indulgents, pungent blues, creamy cows milk, covered in ash or herbs, local or imported, you name it and I'm into it. Here is a list of some of my favorite Cheese Shops in New York City.

cheeseshops2
© Nicole Franzen Photography



Bedford Cheese Shop
229 Bedford Ave (between 4th St & 5th St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718) 599-7588
www.bedfordcheeseshop.com

BKLYN Larder
228 Flatbush Ave (between Dean St & Bergen St)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
(718) 783-1250
www.bklynlarder.com

Eastern District (A newcomer to Greenpoint!)
1053 Manhattan Ave (between Freeman St & Eagle St)
Brooklyn, NY 11222
(718) 349-1432
www.easterndistrictny.com/

Eataly
200 5th Ave
New York, NY 10010
www.newyork.eataly.it/

Murray's Cheese
254 Bleecker St (between Cornelia St & Leroy St)
New York, NY 10014
(212) 243-3289
www.murrayscheese.com

Saxelby Cheesemongers
Essex Street Market
120 Essex St, #17
New York, NY 10002
(212) 228-8204
www.saxelbycheese.com

9 comments:

  1. I love that first photo of the cheese shop

    note to self: eat more cheese ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are divine! Wish I had seen this list before we visited last year. I adore your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, I'll definitely check these places out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cheese, irrationally. Can't wait to get back out there and stuff my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm, Cheese.... I'm salivating already...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I actually like eating cheese (I know, weird), but it always makes for such pretty photos. Great people shots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy, maybe the hardest thing for my to quit when dieting or just want to eat *healthier* is with no doubt cheese (and bread...because, hello. who can eat cheese without bread?).

    great idea sharing your fav cheese shops in ny. maybe later we will see your fav bread shops?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fairly new New Yorker {and longtime cheese lover} I'm completely smitten with this post! xo Lola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, affordable cheese are available in here and love it

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger