Recipe :: My Favorite Breakfast Sandwich

1.25.2011

This is one of my favorite things to eat in the morning. Its so easy to make, really fast to prepare and overall pretty healthy. I really enjoy having greens for breakfast/brunch. I really enjoy them all day, any day in fact. You could use any green you have on hand, saute some kale or spinach. Its a perfect balance of flavors. Runny eggs over greens and toast. Drink a smoothie and your good to go!

1_effected

Ingredients

2 slices of whole grain toast
2 eggs
handful of arugula or greens
parmesan
sea salt & pepper
olive oil
acid (lemon or vinegar)

Method

Do all these things simultaneously. Pop down bread into toaster. Turn small saute pan on low-medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to pan. Place gently two eggs in pan. In a bowl add a handful of arugula, drizzle of olive oil and a touch of vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add a few shavings of Parmesan cheese and toss. Check toast, keep an eye on egg. When you see the whites are cooked and yolk still runny turn off heat. You don't flip the egg. Put toast on a plate and place the salad on top. Then finish with the two eggs and season the top of the eggs. Should take you 6 minutes tops.

10 comments:

  1. Love this so much! I have eggs and toast for breakfast so often but adding greens is such a fabulous idea. Arugula is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is now watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its funny 'cos thats what I eat for breakfast most of the time! Love the peppery arugula with acidic lime and rich eggs. Wholesome breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Is there anyone who doesn't love a good breakfast sandwich? My favorite is just about the same as yours - except I smear one side of toast with half a ripe avocado.

    (LOVE the way you wrote the recipe. "Simultaneously"; of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your photos and posts are so inspirational lately!! My fave bfast sammie is very similar, but with the addition of roasted tomatoes... I love how quick and simple yours is, perfect for a weekday breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh YES! This is one of my faves too - there's something about the arugula and the runny yoke against the toast. So yummy. If it wasn't 1am I might make it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum - plate it up on some gluten free toast and I'm in! (I've already got my coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are really lovely.
    Thank you for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this recipe! I have featured it in my top ten favorite breakfast recipes on my food blog: www.harmonizedcookery.com

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger