Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sage

11.15.2010

_MG_0052

Ingredients

2 cans of cannelini beans
4 stalks of celery
4 carrots
2 leeks
3 cloves of garlic
fresh sage
1 cup of white wine
2 slices of bread
1 container of stock (chicken or vegetable)
parmesan
chili flakes
butter
olive oil
sea salt
pepper

Method

Okay so I will start by saying that I KNOW I should be using real beans, but every time I decide to cook something its either the morning of or a few hours before. And I cant seem to give myself enough time to actually soak beans and wait. I really really want to make this happen. Its the right thing to do and I am also anti cans and for doing things the RIGHT way in the freshest form. So if you are smarter than me and have the time don't use canned beans. And if your a real badass you will also make your own stock :)

In a large stock pot on med-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and a drizzle of olive oil. I use butter for flavor and olive oil can handle cooking at higher temperatures without burning. Unlike butter alone which has milk solids and would burn.

Add chopped carrots, garlic, leeks and celery. Season with fresh sage leaves (4-6) some chili flakes, salt and pepper. Cook till translucent and tender. Add a cup of white wine and bring to a simmer. Add your rinsed beans and a container of stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for an hour stirring often and added water if necessary.

Tear two slices of bread (ciabatta)into small pieces and put into the soup. Place soup in a blender or using a hand mixer blend till smooth and season additionally to taste. Serve with a chiffonade of fresh sage, shaved parmesan and drizzle of olive oil. Hello lovely soup :)

tuscan white bean soup with sage

14 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! And don't feel bad about not soaking the beans, I don't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my yum! I cannot wait to explore your blog...

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make this tomorrow...it is the perfect recipe to go with our Olio Nuovo...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it looks delicious and perhaps a perfect meal, mm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, delicious recipe for this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white bean soup. This receipe sounds really delicious. I usually use canned beans, too. Once I soaked the beans two days and they weren't still not yet soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Heavens! I love your blog and I love white bean soup, I will def. try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh bot, this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soups sounds wonderful! But your photo's are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a long shot because the post is so old but what amount of liquid is in 'a container of stock' please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made this tonight and it was excellent - the wine created an amazing flavor. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made this tonight and it was excellent. The wine added a great flavor. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just made this soup it is great! I didn't have white wine so I added an additional cup of water. It is also super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks amazing and pretty healthy! I'm looking for a soup recipe for tonight and I may just have to make this one.

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger