A Date with my City..

11.29.2010

Ace Hotel
Stumptown @ Ace Hotel
Stumptown @ Ace Hotel

So lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed and a bit stressed about the holidays. I love being busy and active but sometimes your body just needs a break. I have been going none stop for what seems like a very long time. Even on my so called days off, I am working on something for my own career. I couldn't be happier about what I have been working on and I am very grateful. I am super excited to hopefully have a break sometime in next few months somewhere tropical and to go on a nice trip to England to celebrate the holidays.

One thing I have always enjoyed and find peaceful is going on long walks with my camera. Its something I have done since I young girl and something I think I will always do. I love to walk, breath the fresh air, be alone in my thoughts and explore new places. What a better place to do that then in a city that is always changing and evolving. I had wanted to check out the Ace Hotel for some time and today I was able to stop by. Its an incredible place and I cant wait to go back again to try April Bloomfield's gastro pub The Breslin. The fantastic people of Stumptown Coffee are also there. Stopping by Eataly then down to the Union Square Greenmarket and the annual Xmas market. Meeting up with two dear friends to end the day. I realize that food tends to always be the focus but what's wrong with that?

Union Square
Turnips
Union Square Greenmarket
Union Square Greenmarket
Lucas & Chloe
© Nicole Franzen Photography

10 comments:

  1. A lovely place and photos! Farmers markets are so great.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice inspiring pictures. And it is indeed a nice art of relaxing to go along the roads of your city and shoot something you like or find interesting.
    Have a nice day!
    Greetings allesistgut

    ReplyDelete
  3. love pictures that inspires you;and yours did that!
    A fabulous fresh clean post...made me want to do the same thing this weekend.
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fresh pictures. It´s about vitality..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you from England? I am! Gorgeous photos. I'm new to your blog and just in love. I'm also a big wander-round-the-city-with-a-camera person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies :) @ Angharad I am not from England my boyfriend is. It's my first time going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with that! Great photos. It's so cold and snowy here that I haven't been out with the camera in a few days. Think I will put on ten layers of clothes tomorrow and go exploring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty.. Here's hoping your holidays are less busy and more merry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love all of these pictures...makes me want to go out and have a date with my city

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger