Restaurant :: An indulgent lunch at Gramercy Tavern

8.26.2010

Gramercy Tavern
Gramercy Tavern
Gramercy Tavern
I will be honest and say that we really did indulge this afternoon. I have been to Gramercy Tavern a few times in the past but this time I had received a very nice gift certificate from a raffle for our Xmas party at work. Don't ask me why I haven't made time to come in sooner. Either way, today we made it happen and we spent a leisurely afternoon on a very comfortable couch in a sun filled window. Treating ourselves to luxuries we don't usually take part in. We shared 3 lovely appetizers; a fish croquette, beet salad and chilled sweet corn soup. We each had a main dish, mine the red snapper and my boyfriend's the roasted chicken. I indulged in a lovely cheese plate. I only choose 3 cheeses because I literally couldn't imagine eating more, though my mind was eager to try the 7 or even the 9. I was in awe by the cheese board consisting of 18 different kinds of cheese to choose from. I was in heaven. My moderate cheese plate came with a selection of 3 breads, honey and almonds. All of which made me a very happy girl. By the end of it we had each had 2 glasses of GrĂ¼ner Veltliner and a glass of Moscato di Asti with dessert. We left full, happy and ready to take on.. well a nap.
Fish Croquette, Arugula & Beans
{Fish Croquette, Heirloom Beans, Arugula and Lemon}
Roasted Beets, lemon confit, tarragon
{Baby Beets, Orange and Spiced Nuts}
Red Snapper
{Red Snapper, Summer Beans, Leeks and Olive-Pine Nut Vinaigrette}
Chicken
{Chicken, Broccoli Rabe and Heirloom Beans}
Cheese
{My lovely cheese course}
Gramercy Tavern
Gramercy Tavern
coffee service
cafe

5 comments:

  1. all that food looked soooo beautiful! lovely photos! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take the MOST beautiful photos; I felt like I got to visit with you- thanks for taking us along to such a wonderful lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.

    thank you so much for your nice comment.
    I´m adding you to my bloglist right away :)

    /Anna-Malin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photographs are ridiculous. Absolutely gorgeous. Lunch looked amazing. Can you pleeeeaaaassseee teach me how you do it one day!?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger