Saltie

6.27.2010

"Clean Slate" Saltie BK
Saltie BK
Saltie BK

Saltie's sandwich shop and bakery based out of Williamsburg, Brooklyn is co-owned by Caroline Fidanza formerly of Diner and Marlow & Sons. There they have a nautical based theme of very creative and seasonal sandwiches, as well as a selection of baked goods and fabulous drinks. I came in on a hot summer afternoon and was refreshed with a glass of iced chamomile mint tea. I tried the "Clean Slate" a sandwich built on a piece of nan bread, topped with bulgar wheat, yogurt sauce, a lovely selection of fresh herbs and lettuces including mint, dill, cilantro, and spinach. In the mix there was pickled rhubarb and beet stems which added a nice acidity. Topped off with some sesame seeds. A delicious and well constructed bunch of flavors more complex then your average sandwich. Some of their other well known sandwiches include the "Captain's Daughter" which marries sardines with pickled egg and salsa verde, and the "Spanish Armada," freighted with potato tortilla, pimentón and roasted pepper. Sandwiches run $8-10 but it's well worth it.

Saltie
378 Metropolitan Ave.
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
718-387-4777 or Visit their WEBSITE

2 comments:

  1. It can be so difficult to find high-quality and unique, inspired sandwiches. Next time I'm in New York, I will definitely give this place a try! I don't know what a "Scuttlebutt" is, but I'm going to go for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Vancouver! I love your blog-your photos and your recipes are so lovely! You have real 'taste' and i have passed on your blog to my friends too who also agree with me :)

    cheers, from a fellow foodie

    ReplyDelete

 

© La Buena Vida All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger